Magner v. Gallagher
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|10-1032||8th Cir.||Feb 29, 2012||TBD||TBD||TBD||OT 2011|
Issue: (1) Whether disparate impact claims are cognizable under the Fair Housing Act; and, if so (2) what test should be used to analyze them.
Plain English Issue: (1) Whether a lawsuit can be brought for a violation of the Fair Housing Act based on a practice that is not discriminatory on its own, but has a discriminatory effect; and, if so, (2) how should courts determine whether a practice has a discriminatory effect and violates the Act?
Briefs and DocumentsMerits Briefs for the Petitioners
- Brief of the International Municipal Lawyers Association et al.
- Brief of the Township of Mount Holly, New Jersey
- Brief of the Pacific Legal Foundation et al.
- Brief of the Independent Community Bankers of America et al.
- Brief of the Eagle Forum Education & Legal Defense Fund, Inc.
- Brief of the American Bankers Association et al.